Installation of VirtueMart 2 with provided packages » History » Version 4
Installation of VirtueMart 2 with provided packages¶
1) Download the latest stable version of VirtueMart:
2) Unzip the downloaded file
You will get a folder containing two components:
- com_virtuemart.2.x.y.zip which is actually the VirtueMart component
- com_virtuemart.2.x.y_ext_aio.zip which is a component installing all the modules and plugins essential for VirtueMart.
3) Install first the component com_virtuemart.2.x.y.zip via the Joomla Extension manager
4) Install first the component com_virtuemart.2.x.y_ext_aio.zip via the Joomla Extension manager
This page should help you http://docs.joomla.org/Help15:Screen.installer.15
After that install the file with prefix com_virtuemart_ext_aio to install all free plugins and modules in one row.
Update of VirtueMart 2 with provided packages
The procedure to update VirtueMart 2 is the same as for the installation.
The update procedure will update all the files, and the tables if needed.
You should always update BOTH components: com_virtuemart.2.x.y.zip and com_virtuemart.2.x.y_ext_aio.zip¶
For updating just do a normal install. The installation files work also for updates. You can also use the built in Akeeba Release System.
One file installs the core, the other file installs the extensions like modules for the frontend and different plugins (payment, shipment, customfieds). When you are a beginner you should always install both packages, some pros maybe want to install their plugins manually. Remember when upating the core that you should always use the AIO installer (prefix com_virtuemart_ext_aio) to update your extensions.