A note to new Developers » History » Version 13
Max Milbers, 04/21/2010 09:51 AM
h1. A note to new Developers
Once you have been included in the development team you can then select an open task/bug/whatever from our developer portal. When you have selected something you would like to work on you will need to assign yourself to that item. If you do not have access yet one of the development leaders can do that for you.
Once you have code that is ready to commit to SVN please contact one of the development leaders. We will evaluate your code and commit it. After this you will be granted commit rights to the SVN directly. I am sure all of you can understand the need for us to have a look at your first commit offer.
Guides how to start:
* Please start with the [[Developer guideline]].
* Introduce yourself here, please: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=63004.0
* After that please read the INTERNAL Teamboards forum threads marked with [DECISION] so you know what is already discussed.
* Take a look at the tracker http://dev.virtuemart.net/redmine/projects/virtuemart/issues. If you don't have already access to it, please alert Milbo in skype bhangla.
* When you find a task the suits to you, just write a message and you may start with it at once.
* Please join our jabber channels http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=69212.0
An important goal is to go Joomla native. So try to use the Joomla native methods as best as possible. Use j! debugger, language, db and so on. The files in the "classes" and "html" folders are not longer used. The new code mustn't contain any "ps_*" classes.
Here is a guide which base features every page should follow: [[Best practices]]
This will help us develop pages that work and act consistantly.